Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 2

Pin It
Day 2


Paleo mayo ruined my wonderful day. I tried 3 separate times for an hour to get it to emulsify, but all in
vain. I thought, "hey this looks so easy, why aren't more people making this stuff, it's so much better for you?" Now... I know why.
If you know me you know that I love to cook and take great pride in it. Well, since evil is no longer grasping my one weakness, it has decided to move into destruction mode. I was not expecting to lose my cool over mayonnaise, but hey, I am human, fleshly, and hungry. So after a long day sticking to the plan, I almost gave in and ate the whole bowl of fruit salad. I really wanted to out of frustration I guess. Plus, my husband was flying tonight so, left all alone to my own thoughts was not good either.
 
What I have learned from this is that you must not give up or give in. Phone a friend, journal your frustration, and pray. I am trying to be more in tune to when I over indulge in food. So far it is when I am angry, depressed, or being unproductive and  board. Hm, all of those things are sin nature disguised as feelings. Light bulb anyone? I need to learn to be more in tune with what God is trying to show me without using sin , aka food, but instead using his word to feed me at that desperate time. In Minivan Mayhem bible study today we talked about being reactive or proactive. I need to prepare ahead for the time when I know I will go for food. I need an action plan for what I will do next time.

Today for the most part, food wise, went great. I didn't time my grocery shopping trip, and it went over too long, so I was very hungry when I got home and I accidentally skipped meal 5. Probably why my brain couldn't make that Mayo. I stuck to the meals I had prepared and for dinner I made Clean Lean Burgers with a grilled Portobello mushroom, a slice of tomato, broccoli slaw, and fruit salad with Greek yogurt and cinnamon. It was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment