Sunday, April 29, 2012

Prep for "Discipline Challenge"

Pin It
Day One - prep
This time around I am very sure I am going to be up for this challenge. Please keep me accountable.I really have been going in circles with weight loss for a few months now. How on earth did I get so far gone so fast. I know exactly what to eat and how much, but just didn't care how much lately and it turned into way too much. Amazing how the human body works.This time last year I was in a Bikini walking out on a stage at Trifit, Happy as can be,
Last May 2011
 and now here I sit 15 pounds gained later. You can go from healthy and trim to fat and fluff in just one meal.
159lb. April 29th.2012
 I have been feeling horrible lately and my workouts have been getting harder and harder to do. I am challenging myself , along with support from some strong spiritual people, to gain discipline this time around. For sure my body does not define me. I am a strong spirit led mother of 3, and wife to an amazing hard working army pilot. God is going to get me through this challenge just like he got me to my goal last year. Prayers welcome as I open myself up and share this journey over the next few weeks.

First things first get your plan together and prep your food. Takes about an hour. I will be measuring all my protein out, which is sooooo not like me. So, 4 oz protein and 2 cups green vegetable this week at every meal. Dinner is an exception. I will be making "Clean" dinners and joining my family. My kids need to see mommy as part of the family and not as a "Dieter". So I pre- grill all my chicken using Mrs. Dash Marinades.
I roasted about a "ton" of broccoli with cooking spray and Mrs. Dash extra spicy blend. and garlic powder.
Boiling eggs is for breakfast. Once the water boils, cover with a lid and remove from heat for 13 minutes. Perfect boiled eggs.

Make sure the Tuna is Low sodium. This will be for my lunch meal and I will serve it over 2 cups fresh spinach and some vinegar.

I use the Kale, celery , and onion to make as one of my veggies. Celery and Kale are really loaded in vitamins and health benefits. The onion is a carb. however it makes it tasty. I used 2 TBSP of Olive oil for sauteing a whole large head of kale and 3 celery stalks. Last I added a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar to give it a kick.


So Tips and tricks I have learned , you need some containers. Nothing fancy, just get some containers. Pre-measure your chicken and veggies and store it in these containers. If you fail to plan you plan to fail. You can get a cheap scale for $5 at Walmart.




I also use a menu board at home to post the recipes we will be having for dinner. All of them will be healthy and clean and I will be posting them showing exactly the serving size from that meal I ate.



So here you have it. 3 days of meals.

  1. 2 eggs and 1/4 cup oat bran with water and cinnamon
  2. Protein mixed with 8 oz Coconut Milk and water
  3. 4 oz chicken and 2 cups green vegetables
  4. 1 can Tuna with 2 cups raw spinach and light homemade vinaigrette
  5. 4 oz chicken and 2 cps green vegetables
  6. Clean healthy family dinner with portion control

No comments:

Post a Comment