Tuesday, January 24, 2012

You gotta start somewhere.

Pin It

3 Olive Branches Blog has so many meanings behind it. Food is my first purpose behind the name here. Olives are rich in health benefits and used in cooking from the beginning of time. It brings a message of peace for christians and symbolizes God's promise that he revealed through a dove and an olive branch. Lastly God refers to our olive branches in John 15:1-2, where He is the gardner pruning away at our branches to produce only good fruit. Also, I have three wonderful children,"branches" which are from my "vine". So now you know why I titled this blog 3 Olive Branches.
I have a passion for food, fitness, and God. Matter of fact, my husband and I argue over who gets to cook. We love to cook in our house. I have learned so much from Crossfit and my wonderful Coach Nicole. Her gym's website is located on my sidebar, Crossfit SolaFide. Crossfit Solafide
    This blog is mainly recipes to keep you healthy and strong. It all started after I became a wife and began my journey of cooking for a growing family, of now five of us. Along the way I lost sight of healthy foods to feed my family. This blog is dedicated to all of us trying to stay healthy and fit spiritually and physically. I thank God that I found Crossfit and got a whole lot more than just a fit body to go with it. I gained so much knowledge on true healthy living, and gained friends who truly care. Being skinny is no long important to me, only being strong.
    Having children and being an Army wife, I found it difficult to keep up with it all. Being strong is important for mothers to deal with everyday task, especially when you have a husband who is away for months even a full year at a time, and you are homeschooling all three kids.
My children are referred to as my "Olive Branches". God gave me a job to do and I only have my children temporarily on this earth to raise to be spiritually equipped to deal with life. I also want to give them a good start and make sure they are eating healthy. Our bodies are a temple of God and he has only loaned them to us. It amazes me how much we can do with our bodies when we treat them how God intended us to treat them.
    I am not at all perfect and I struggle with food cravings all the time. I am sick of YoYo diets though or just not eating to lose weight. I eat clean almost 90% of the time. My weight is a constant struggle with stress and just overdoing it when I get into a slump. Eating "Clean" is my priority. Eating healthy doesn't have to taste bad! I have found that flavor and variety is the most important part. I have finally found many recipes, through my crossfit trainer and trial and error, that are healthy and that make me feel satisfied. So I thought,"why not share my journey and my struggles with food and family". I am constantly posting new recipes to facebook so why not share them on a blog.
    Please enjoy all my cooking ideas and keep trying your best to be healthy and fit. Remember that God told us to prune away at our branches until one day they produce a harvest. No one is perfect or will ever be, but keep striving to cook as healthy as you until God produces a harvest in you too.
Love,
3 Olive Branches Blogger
Laine

No comments:

Post a Comment